Thursday, July 12, 2007

Images from LiveSpace into PhotoSphere


I signed up for Microsoft's Popfly sometime ago, but haven't really had time to get deeper into it.

Today I started playing with it and created my first "mashup": Images from LiveSpace into PhotoSphere.

A mashup is basically a combination of plug-ins that interact between them using a certain protocol. Some plug-in server data, others use this data and present it in a certain way.

For this specific mashup I'm using a plug-in that will output image links from my LiveSpace account. Those links will serve as input for another plug-in that will present the images in a SilverLight interface with a really cool rotating effect around a 3D Sphere.

You can see the result above these blog entry.

Note: You'll need the SilverLight plug-in and it takes some time to download all the images before you see anything.

No comments: